So we all have heard this word many times SUNTAN. So what is this basically? Sun tanning or simply tanning is the process whereby skin color is darkened or tanned. It is most often a result of exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from sunlight. Moderate exposure to direct sunlight contributes to the production of melanin and vitamin D by the body which is essential, but excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays has negative health effects, including sunburn and increased risk of skin cancer, depressed immune system function, and premature aging. Some people tan or sunburn more easily than others. This may be the result of different skin textures and natural skin color. There are natural and artificial ways to remove suntan So let us look into some of these methods to remove tan easily and efficiently.
Naturalways include a lot of face packs
- Mix a small amount of turmeric powder in milk and make a paste. Apply this on your face. Let it dry. Rinse it off with cool water. This will visibly lighten if used regularly.
- Mix the pulp of pineapple with about one tablespoon honey. Apply it on tanned areas generously and keep it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Take the juice from a medium potato and mix it with one tablespoon lemon juice. Apply, leave on for 30 minutes and rinse this is an effective remedy to remove suntan.
- Cut a lemon and rub a slice on your tanned skin. Allow it to sit for some minutes before washing it off. Lemon will work as an excellent anti-tanning agent.
- Mix one tablespoon cucumber extract, lemon juice and rose water in a bowl of each and dab it generously on your tanned skin.
- Mix a tiny amount of turmeric powder with two tablespoons of Bengal gram flour(besan), milk and one-tablespoon rose water. Apply this to tanned areas and leave it for 15-20 minutes before taking it off.
- Thoroughly mix one tablespoon sandalwood powder in coconut water and apply on tanned areas. Leave on for a few minutes then wash it off.
- Now if you find all this a bit time taking or you do not go with such remedies on a daily basis we have something very special on the go products for you which are in their purest form our organic handmade chocolate vanilla soap which contains cocoa powder, chocolate clay & many other ingredients which helps to remove your tan & also improves your complexion
- You can also try our organic handmade green tea anti-tanning face scrub this will polish your skin & it will remove your tanning.
Now let us have a look into some chemical based & unnatural ways to remove tan
Now these options are definitely should be promoted as an unnatural or chemical based process is harmful to you in a long term basis but as these options are already available in the market so you should
- Chemical peels, now this sounds a little discouraging taking into consideration that if not applied in a correct way it can cause damage. However, in the correct conditions, chemical peels can eliminate tough dirt as well as dry skin to facilitate a clean and fresh look with a skin tone which is evened out. If you use this method of chemical peel then you have to be careful while going out in the sun as skin becomes more susceptible to sun rays. Apply sunscreen which has a wide spectrum plus an SPF of as a minimum 30. You must also moisturize on a regular basis to create in order that your skin obtains sufficient hydration following a chemical peel. If you do not moisturize properly then there occurs breakouts/acne that produces dark spots.
- Skin tanning is a difficulty which takes time to repair, bleaching is the simply immediate solution to remove suntan. Bleach is helpful to lessen a tan. So, in the market there are many bleaching products are available that offers instant result. Choose a bleach which will be suitable for your skin.
- The skin nature can be evened out throughout by the mechanical strokes of little beads. This process is called microdermabrasion. The scrub not only acts on the exterior but also cleanses as well as moisturizes the skin.
- Hydration is the method that speeds up the elimination of tan by eliminating the first layer of tanned skin. A lengthy bathe in a lukewarm tub of water hydrates your skin cells, building them supple and flabby as well as easier to exfoliate. It offers the extra bonus of enduring to hydrate your skin in addition to accelerate the removing procedure. The hot water comes into your skin cells superior to cold water. This helps for not just the face but also for body tan removal.
- An approach to setting up uneven skin tone is laser therapy. This works by removing the upper pigmented layer of skin. The laser therapy offers a great benefit by working more accurately on the trouble areas. There are many types of laser treatments available nowadays, choose wisely which one to opt for.
So these are some natural and chemical methods to remove suntan. I would suggest you opt for natural ways as they are pocket-friendly and has no side effects.